Are you excited that winter is almost upon us? Do you reside in one of the chilly states of the USA that get abnormally cold? Us at Sealed Air Repairs Inc. want to ensure that you are properly prepared the next time you are out there in the water. We specialize in winter boats and inflatable paddle board repair.
You Must Plan Ahead
When you think about it, some individuals may think you are insane for taking your boat out on the water when the lakes are almost frozen solid from the cold. While not all states have frozen water during the winter, all of them across the country will at least be chilly. This is even for warmer states like Florida and Arizona. Those individuals still need to be as prepared to hit the water as the northern states.
It is important to do plenty of research before you grab your boat and hit the road. Check the weather conditions to stay apprised of temperatures, wind speeds, direction, and ice coverage. Check the National Parks updates to see about the park conditions. If visibility will be low, or if landing spots look a little icy or sketchy – don’t even risk it. Save your kayak for a clearer, calmer day.
Dress Appropriately When You Use Your Winter Boats
It is not summer time. This means it is not okay for you to go paddling in flip flop[ and your swimming shorts. This is going to set you up for failure. Maybe instead consider a wetsuit. This is a great way to stay warm, while still maintaining your paddling mobility. With these snug garments, they don’t necessarily keep water out, but they do trap a thin layer of water directly on your skin to warm your body.
- Other options include the following:
- Polyurethane-coated fleece is another available fabric, best worn when immersion in cold water is less likely. Warm, stretchy and windproof, it resembles neoprene, only fuzzy.
- Bib & Dry Tops are a good compromise if you don’t want to go ‘onesie’ style on the water. These two-piece style dry suits are lightweight are an inexpensive solution for boaters who wear a dry top the majority of the time but need the added protection for bigger and colder water in case of an unexpected swim. Kokatat’s Whirlpool Bib with a Rogue Drytop is an excellent pairing to keep you dry and keep your core cozy and warm.
- Paddling Shoes or Neoprene Socks are a must to keep your feet dry and warm. The NRS Hydroskin Wet Socks would work great under boots, or the NRS Paddle Wetshoes is a neoprene lined bootie designed to keep your feet toasty. Either option works great and will keep you nice and warm.
- Double Up on Your Accessories like hats, paddling gloves, and mitts to make sure you always have something dry to change into.
Contact Us Today
This winter you must be prepared when using your inflatable winter boats. We are here to get you on the right track. Sealed Air Repairs, Inc. is your one-stop shop for everything having to do with inflatables. Whether is inflatable paddle boat repair, or the purchase of a brand new inflatable jet ski dock, we have you covered. Call us today from anywhere in the USA or across the world. We have you covered!