Cleaning Your Stand Up Board
When owning a stand-up board, you need to ensure that you are keeping up with its maintenance. This makes sure that it lasts up to its maximum . Here at Sealed Air Repairs, our experts are here to inform you of all the information you need in order to keep your board tidy. We are the best when it comes inflatable paddle board repair.
Get Started Today
Just like other water gear, inflatable stand up paddleboards can become moldy or degrade if they are not properly cleaned and stored. Cleaning the board, paddle and equipment is key to their longevity and performance. An inflatable stand up paddleboard can last many years of it’s properly maintained and owners follow the manufacturer’s specifications when using the paddleboard. To add years of enjoyment to your board, here are instructions for proper cleaning and storage. We also specialize in inflatable paddle board repair.
How to Clean a Stand Up Board
- Clean after every use.
- Certain weather elements are hard on outdoor equipment like the sun, water and chemicals like chlorine. To prevent premature wear and tear, when you return from a great day of paddling take a few minutes to clean the board. Keep the board inflated and rinse it with fresh water on both sides using a hose. Use a mild soap or inflatable boat cleaner and a soft cloth if necessary to remove any lasting dirt. An inflatable paddleboard should be washed after each use especially when used in salt water.
- Most inflatable paddleboards are manufactured with a UV protected PVC. Shark SUPs uses a military grade. For added protection, spray the board once per year with a 303 protectant spray. Do not use this more than once per year.
- Remove moisture from inside the board.
- If you get moisture inside of the board you should remove it as this can cause mold or mildew. To remove it, unlock the air valve and put it in the open position. Blow air into the board using an electric pump or vacuum.
- Check valve seal for dirt and debris.
- If the seal of your valve becomes dirty, this can cause leaks. The air can be removed by opening the valve when the board is fully inflated. This causes a burst of air from the valve which usually removes the debris. Additionally, you can use a q-tip and warm water to clean the valve and seal.
- Dry the board before storing.
- Once you finish cleaning the board, dry it with a soft towel to remove all excess water. Let the board continue to air dry for 15 – 30 minutes. It is important to make sure the board is completely dry before placing it in storage back. When the board feels dry, you can store in a dry space not prone to moisture and keep the board inflated. Or deflate the board and fold it following the manufacturer’s instructions and store it an approved backpack or carrying case. Most manufacturer’s carrying cases are made specifically for the inflatable stand up paddleboard and are best for storing.
Contact Us Today
Our team wants to make sure you are all good to go when it comes to the proper cleaning of a stand up board. Sealed Air Repairs, Inc. is your one-stop shop for everything having to do with inflatables and an inflatable boat. We can seal, patch, and repair. Whether it is inflatable SUP repair or the purchase of a brand new inflatable jet ski dock, we have you covered. Call us today from anywhere in the USA or across the world. We have you covered! We also offer an inflatable water park for sale. We are experts in inflatable paddle board repair.